About USPS Education
Seneca Sail & Power Squadron has a comprehensive education program with a wide variety of formal and informal courses from which to choose. These courses can be divided as follows:
- America's Boating Course: Entry-level boater safety course to get your state boater safety card.
- Advanced Grades: Courses that deal with general boat handling and navigational skills.
- Electives: Formal courses that deal with a wide variety of boating subjects.
- Seminars: Short (2-4 hour) sessions that focus on a single topic.
- USPS-University: Programs designed to satisfy international boat operator licensing requirements.
- Home-Grown: Informal, hands-on sessions on specialized topics not covered by the formal USPS educational program.